leng bu's other eden

what does the year have in store for more?

Thursday, April 27, 2006

And i thought things couldn't get any worse...

I swear I must have been jinxed. Browsers could not work (despite the fact that i could download my outlook mails, msn and do my torrents)... my MP3 player had sound distortion problem and err... i had a bit of an adventure with MH with setting up my new DVD Rom, ahem....

So the reason i was MIA for so long...1) i was plain lazeee 2) i had many things to do and think abt...but now i forget... hmmmm....simi ah? 3) I couldn't browse :(

The problem was actually pretty straight forward...my PROXY....and those singnet technican idiots...proclaimed that NO...i needn't set/ config anything new since my package upgrade...NO NEW SETTINGS....this was the answer i got when i called them once i found out the problem. So being the trusting person that i am...i believed. i did every other thing i could do...scanning for virus...deleting adware/trojans...cleaning up ... updating my windows...uninstalling shit...resinstalling shit....consulted 10 people at the very least...this went on for more than a wk.. i almost gave up...but i called singnet's tech help again...after a 45min wait...the tech guy no. 2...brought me through many things that i already have done...then finally...after prompting from me that the last thing that i did was to UPGRADE MY BROADBAND PACKAGE... then the browsers went dead...then TG no. 2 told me to try setting proxy to fol.singnet.com.sg.. voila...the browsers and virus updates all started coming on lor... I could even almost suspect that that was the problem but TG no. 1 must insist NO 2 times lor...WTF? i think singnet hire me...also better...i could have almost solved my issue if i only knew this secret proxy lor...idiots.

KNN....these people wasted good time and brain power giving consumers the WRONG answer and sub-standard solutions...i am totally cheesed.

Well, a good thing that came out of it was i cleared my PC...and everything on it now is as updated as updated can be lor... -_-

MH oso helped me get a DVD writer/reader Rom...heee...and silly dell cover design couldnt accommodate the edge-to-edge tray...so what we did...we improvised...we cut the cover...heehee...

See huh...the edges of the cover cut and jagged heee...
the other side looks better...cz we had practice!
Well anyway i had PC 101 w MH...it was educational...here is my RAM...:)
Now i tell u about my MP3 player...sound distortion...went down creative service ctr...made a bit of noise...lo and behold they agreed to replace a new set for me...! wahhh...and my player's warranty over liao lor...heee...i was sort of hoping they quote me an exhorbitant repair fee then i have reason to buy ipod...but well ok la...may as well...while in the shop this caught my eye...i THINK better than ipod video.... and reviews say BETTER than ipod lor...*droolzzz* i wan leh... :P 60GB...can watch video, download pics from memory card...got laylio...can play MP3s...wahhhh i dono wat to say. only thing i don like abt it...the screen...the viewing angle not good la.
So now with a faster download speed and functional PC...i am finally whole.... i rest now...later tell other stories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home