leng bu's other eden

what does the year have in store for more?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

always...trust your guts

so here i am. thinking, sulking, pouting. i just can't believe i got doped by a smelly boys again. it's ok. we have concluded that boys are smelly much much earlier and it was my fault to believe otherwise that night huh. it's ok. i is strong... i will just dust my butt and move on anyways it wasn't that bad a fall. it was reassuring to know that i, being a cynic and non-believer, somehow could still like someone again... no doubt the wrong someone... and now i am back to being a cynic who's kicking her arse for not trusting my guts earlier... boys are smelly la!

i think it's easier to stick with boys with whom you have no expectations of and who gives you no false expectations, no doubt they are also smelly. i hate expectations. you have them you will just end up disappointed.

there's this book i was reading. it really struck a cord with me, on how the lady of the story dealt with heartbreak, being single and insecure (she's a larger woman and also was a single mom). it brought back flashbacks of the pain of my past. i guess it was a good thing in a way. as it just felt that this recent episode is nothing compared to what happened in the past for me. i found 2 paras that kind of gave me strength and i really want to remember them.

"Here you are. You are here. And you move forward because that's the way it works; that's the only place you can go. You keep going until it stops hurting, or until you find new things to hurt you worse, i guess. And that is the human condition, all of us lurching along in our own private miseries, becasuse that's the way it is. Because, i guess, God didn't give us any choice. You grow up, you learn." - HAVE I NOT GROWN UP YET???

"I learned that things don't always go turn out the way you planned, or the way you think they should. And I've learned that there are things that go wrong that don't always get fixed or get put back together the way they were before. I've learned that some broken things stay broken, and I've learned that you can get through bad times and keep looking for better ones, as long as you have people who love you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home