leng bu's other eden

what does the year have in store for more?

Monday, July 25, 2005

Cheesed

Anyone read Her World - August? Page 98 "Debate: would you blog your life?" 45% said "no it's silly and pretentious" and 55% "yes it's fun and relieves stress". Sigh wonder why 45% of people soooo critical about blogging....see comments quote and unquote...

"Blogging is a complete waste of time. while some people treat it as nothing more than an online diary, others often sensationalise about their mundane lives, just so they can have something to write about. That's really pathetic. Why not spend the time living your life rather than writing about it?"

"I wouldn't do it. Bloggers all have an agenda. they paint their lives the way they want it to be seen. if this is not manipulative and pretentious, i don't know what is."

Sheeshhhh.....why so critical? i personally find my blog just a platform to share really the "mundane" details about my life (I dont really get bothered if people read it or not, just that it is a great feeling to see your own little/insignificant life somehow appearing on an internet site is like "wow" enough for me already!)....so back to the mundane details i like to share....what junk food i like....the greatest moment of my life (ie. lasik)....wat tees i would REALLLLLLLLEEEEE wana have....and silly little things. I don't think a lot of bloggers oversensationalise things, me inclusive (nope....don see anything sensational about my entries so far... i did not kiss jay chou nor sleep with george clooney, so nothing sensational), just maybe occasionally get over-excited about shopping, eating....blah blah...simple joys/passions in life. Often when i read other's blogs its more like discovery....1) i didnt know you can do this on a blog...let me try and figure out how. 2) i didnt know my fren has been up to sooooo much. its great fun reading blogs and feeling, yes i am normal...i am absolutely not as depressed and nuerotic as i thought i was....other people are going through the same shit, meeting same type of bitches blah blah...as i am.

i just wana tell my life story, have it archived so like 5 yrs down the road i can laugh at myself too....a sort of personal time capsule?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home