leng bu's other eden

what does the year have in store for more?

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I did it….i went ahead and bought my much coverted camera…. :P so sinful!!! But I am SOOOOOOO in LOVEEEEEeeee with that camera…..*sobs*. But I just kept repeating to myself “think long term! think long term! think long term! think long term!….”. It’s the Nikon S1….its abso-f^&king-lutely fantastic! *droolzzz*, small, slim, big screen (2.5 inches), quite smart button layouts and comprehensive function and scene selections (think there is nothing it didn’t cover) and yes…it is capable of taking underwater pics, so can bring diving but the casing is not in-stock yet. So have to wait. I can wait….

PS: the S2….is coming out…. But hmmmm that’s a little fast considering S1 was launched Feb or Mar? What are these people doing to us, making gadgets at exponential rates?? What’s the difference? I only see that the cover for the lens is different, and the screen same size but maybe better quality lor….

At first I wanted the Nikon 5900 but at the shop compared them….aiyo….S1 cannot beat la! It only like cost about 40 bucks more than the price they quoted for the 5900 (which was about $580+), so WAT THE HECK rite?? Thank god for instalment schemes tho…ho ho ho….

Yesterday I was talking about the fish tank under my care right….well, tried to take some pics of the fishes eating. I actually have to stand on a stool behind the tank and throw the food in coz the tank is qte high up. Fishes were very greedy and I think I got carried away. I think from August onwards they will grow very fat. The next time the vendor comes down to do maintenance, I will ask him to stock up on those ultra cute little puffer fishes…heard the last one got attacked by a rainbow fish and died from his raw wounds…..eeeeee…..

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Mystique said...

    bonjour...
    yeah the S1 is really heavy on features. i'm actually using the coolpix 4300 which has been phased out but still very good. and the amt i spent is equivalent to what u paid so i'd say it's a good investment! i love going into scene mode as it gives u all the right effect. can check out at my gallery (esp the close up shots of the flowers). bet urs will be way way better! geez.. tempted liao... i'm a gadget freek. have fun with the S1!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home